Grooming, ready or not!!

KippersMa

Jul 25, 2017
Hawthorne, Florida
Well I have resigned myself to the fact that if my dogs need grooming, I am the one to do it. This morning, I got busy and swept and mopped all the floors and then started cutting Molly's hair, nails and giving her a bath. She can now have a little braid!! She looks so cute. I have to be careful because she is looking so much like Nabi, except that her hair is a bit curly and Nabi's is straight and lovely to comb. Molly was pretty good for her grooming and bath. She got a cookie prize for being nice to me.
Second, JinJu got trimmed, nails cut and bath. She was awful! She is so naughty and I find it extremely difficult to get her to cooperate. You would think after six years, she would get the idea! Anyway, all I had to do for her was her face, paws, and private parts. Bathing was a breeze compared to the hair trims!! I love the way she looks with her long silky hair. She is so adorable. That is why she is so naughty! She knows I love her to bits!
Third, Omari got a major cut, nails trimmed and a bath. I shaved him completely (it is so hot here and he suffers) except for his head and tail. I am also letting his ear hair grow long, since I saw a shih tzu dog with beautiful long ears. I want to see what that is like.
With the three most difficult dogs done, I then did the same for Lily, Kipper, Mozart, and Nabi. They are all so well behaved for their grooming and I wanted it to end on a good note. They all look as good as I can get them to look and they are happy and feel special. They all got little cookies for treats when we were done. Needless to say, I am exhausted and now I get to just sit for a bit while I calm Lexi during this thunderstorm we are having!

grandmatoall

Bobbi, Sandy and Roxy.
Aug 30, 2008
Idaho
Needless to say.... I still need to bathe and trim mine. And I only have 3 to do. You are amazing Susan. Hugs.

Reactions: LynnR

KippersMa

Jul 25, 2017
Hawthorne, Florida
It takes me about half the day when I do it like I did this last time. I chose the worst dogs first (JinJu and Omari) and I completely groom them--haircut, nail trim, and then bath. Then I go on to the next victim. And they treat me like they are victims for sure!! It is so funny. Rachel says they look the best I have ever done, so I suppose I am improving. I just wish it wasn't so expensive or traumatic to have them groomed by someone else. I just can't see paying $36/dog every six weeks!

KippersMa

Jul 25, 2017
Hawthorne, Florida
My babies all got to swim in Rachel's pool. They hated it. But it was fun, anyway. This last weekend, we put them all on top of a huge blown up duck and they floated in the water while we swam. Nabi was expert at jumping off when it reached the side of the pool and then she would jump back on! I am incompetent at posting pictures, or I would post one that Rachel took for us.