Grooming day for Kipper and pals

KippersMa

Jul 25, 2017
Hawthorne, Florida
Yesterday, I groomed all the babies and gave them baths. Omari got the most dramatic haircut, as he has a thick coat and has been too hot. I shaved his body, legs, and tail (left a cute little fringe on the end) and cut his face and head a bit shorter, but not shaved. He is such a darling dog!! He does not like being groomed, but I loved on him a lot while I did it and he did better than he usually does. For the rest of them, I only trimmed their faces, feet and private places. I left Lily's tail and under the tail a little longer because she freaks out if it is short. She won't walk, she won't play, etc. until it grows out. I must have gotten it just right this time because she is frisky and happy.
JinJu's top knot is so long, it makes a braid more than half the way down her back. It is beautiful, with threads of gold and black intertwined. She is a good girl for her top knot, but NOTHING ELSE!! Rachel helped hold her this time, so I was able to do a better job.
Nabi and Lily are the best behaved for bath and grooming. They always stands so nice and still while I am doing my trimming. Kipper is also pretty good and Mozart, too. I always have to clean Lily's ears, as they are collapsed due to massive ear infections left untreated before we got her. Kipper and JinJu also need their ears cleaned, but JinJu won't let me and Kipper carries on like I am killing him. The vet put some special stuff in Kipper's ears that lasts a month, so hopefully that will do what it is supposed to do for his ears. I think they all got too moist because I wasn't keeping their hair short enough under their ears.

Reactions: grandmatoall

KippersMa

Jul 25, 2017
Hawthorne, Florida
I wish I had my wonderful groomer from Granite Falls here. The vet here says I do a great job, but I can see all the flaws and I remember how good they looked when Marnie did them for me. Oh well. It works and it is cheap.

grandmatoall

Bobbi, Sandy and Roxy.
Aug 30, 2008
Idaho
I wish I had my wonderful groomer from Granite Falls here. The vet here says I do a great job, but I can see all the flaws and I remember how good they looked when Marnie did them for me. Oh well. It works and it is cheap.
I'll bet they look just fine. You are too hard on yourself. I learn new things all the time.

Reactions: LynnR

KippersMa

Jul 25, 2017
Hawthorne, Florida
I find that the process to post pictures here is more challenging than I can handle. The dogs will just have to look the way they do with my grooming for awhile. We have decided not to take them with us on this trip. Rachel will stay at our house and look after all the animals for us. I will be super busy with my daughter's children and they are not very gentle (although they try to be) and I will be under too much stress worrying about the dogs getting hurt. My husband isn't very attentive and I can't count on his help to watch the children around the dogs. I also worry about the weather as we travel and the climate change for them all. If we were traveling luxuriously along like we did on our vacation across the US, I would bring them, but this is a working trip, so they will stay home. Rachel said she would be willing to help me keep them groomed. Her eyesight is better than mine.

grandmatoall

Bobbi, Sandy and Roxy.
Aug 30, 2008
Idaho
Marlin heard the passes through Oregon were closed due to heavy snow today. Be sure you check the roads when you come through. That storm is headed this way. I hope most of it goes around the valley. We need it in the mountains.
How nice to have Rachel there to care for your babies. They will miss you but they will be in good hands. I am sure that between you and Rachel, your babies will be groomed just right.

Candy

Owner/Admin
Staff member
Aug 29, 2008
Washington State
I bet Rachel will take super good care of them while you are gone. Sounds like fun welcoming your newest Grandchild !
Hopefully the weather improves o your Trip back up here !

KippersMa

Jul 25, 2017
Hawthorne, Florida
I am not happy about leaving my babies behind. They are so dear to me, but when I think of what they might go through, I feel I am doing the best thing for everyone concerned. Rachel is more than competent and they all love her. They will be in our own house, where they are familiar and they won't have to deal with a dramatic weather change.