Going to

Candy

Owner/Admin
Staff member
Aug 29, 2008
Washington State
be n and out, been at Hospital and haven't slept since yesterday and neither did Syl, i am so worried about her was at the kid's Fathers and my good Friend Sue and about 1/2 hr later after i left ( He has a failing Liver )and was sleeping while i was there he got up and fell twice and got himself up as Sue had to have surgery on her foot and had to have a plate put in and can't walk for 8 weeks. Syl is staying there to help out but was at the Store..anyways he told her he had to go to Bathroom where he fell again hard and obviously het his head, she had to call 911 they came and tried to resuscitate him when they found out he signed a DOR. They stopped and took him to Hospital where they found out he had a bad Brain aneurysm and causing a stroke, Doc said better call Family Members as he had only hrs to live...against all odds he made it so far which Doctors where amazed. They got their hands tied due to he is DNR, he is not hooked up to anything other to a catheter . One eye is blind , he can regions everyone and can hear, when i talked to him he said love you which you hardly can't understand which broke my heart...They are waiting for Neurologist to come in to see him and he will be able to answer a lot of questions and then Sue has to make a decision to let him go or they can put him on meds to keep swelling of the Brain down so they are holding off until Neuro comes as they don't know what all damage he has...Syl is historical and i know her that she will not leave his side.. they want to put him to a Facility but Sue and Syl want him home...will know more later !
Could use lots of :prayer:

Oct 30, 2017
Johannesburg, Gauteng
be n and out, been at Hospital and haven't slept since yesterday and neither did Syl, i am so worried about her was at the kid's Fathers and my good Friend Sue and about 1/2 hr later after i left ( He has a failing Liver )and was sleeping while i was there he got up and fell twice and got himself up as Sue had to have surgery on her foot and had to have a plate put in and can't walk for 8 weeks. Syl is staying there to help out but was at the Store..anyways he told her he had to go to Bathroom where he fell again hard and obviously het his head, she had to call 911 they came and tried to resuscitate him when they found out he signed a DOR. They stopped and took him to Hospital where they found out he had a bad Brain aneurysm and causing a stroke, Doc said better call Family Members as he had only hrs to live...against all odds he made it so far which Doctors where amazed. They got their hands tied due to he is DNR, he is not hooked up to anything other to a catheter . One eye is blind , he can regions everyone and can hear, when i talked to him he said love you which you hardly can't understand which broke my heart...They are waiting for Neurologist to come in to see him and he will be able to answer a lot of questions and then Sue has to make a decision to let him go or they can put him on meds to keep swelling of the Brain down so they are holding off until Neuro comes as they don't know what all damage he has...Syl is historical and i know her that she will not leave his side.. they want to put him to a Facility but Sue and Syl want him home...will know more later !
Could use lots of :prayer:
So sorry to hear, keep you all in prayers - God Bless

Sent from my SM-T116 using Tapatalk

Oct 30, 2017
Johannesburg, Gauteng
They found a way to get around the DNR for this one procedure as Neurologist thinks he has a chance to recover if his heart holds up,it is functioning only 35% . They are pal on doing surgery where they are going in on his leg to his brain today. Waiting for Syl to call me...
Hope all goes well - God Bless xxx xxx

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk

Candy

Owner/Admin
Staff member
Aug 29, 2008
Washington State
You guys not going to believe this, we call this a miracle, they took 2 MRI's yesterday and they doing another today to absolutely sure, but there is no sign of blood now in his brain, they said for sure he had some sort of blood stroke, there is a name for it but Syl could not remember, 3 dr.'s agreed as they have proof there was blood in his brain, they are all baffled ...so they going to make absolutely sure and take another look...he has some other issues so they doing a lot of checking...see he is a alcoholic and ruined his liver and last check is functioning @ 35% so he is slowly dying, but Sue his wife wants him around for a little while longer...

Candy

Owner/Admin
Staff member
Aug 29, 2008
Washington State
Sorry guys, things are not so well yesterday, they think he may have had another stroke, his arm started shaking and his face drooping. They tested to see if he can walk, he can't. Dr's are totally baffled ...they are waiting for a bed to open in a Hospice Facility as Insurance ok'd for him to be there for 10 days, then ...i don't know, its day by day. Syl went home to sleep as she been over there since it all started, so worried about her as her health is not that good. I will know more later.

pawbaby

Aug 29, 2008
I'm so sorry Candy. This must be very difficult for Sil. Continued prayers. I sure hope they figure out what is going on and can help make him as comfortable as possible. Hopefully the insurance will be extended as long as he needs it. So sorry you're all going through this. Sending you love and hugs Candy.

Candy

Owner/Admin
Staff member
Aug 29, 2008
Washington State
Cory you prob understand better, they said the stroke, i can't remember the name but means Spider and the worse kind. Sue said he may of had it the night before he must of had hidden booze and drank some as she smelled it and was complaining of a headache, he is not suppose to drink and we have no idea how he got it...he must of had the stroke and that is why he kept falling. When ambulance came he had no pulse they tried to revive him before they knew about the DNR...
Right now they are waiting for a room at the Hospice, they are waiting for a bed to open, he is 3rd in in line. If he lives that long they want to bring him home...

pawbaby

Aug 29, 2008
Thanks Candy for taking the time to update everyone. Continued prayers for Sil's father. Not sure what you mean by a spider stroke though although it doesn't sound good if they told you all it's the worst kind of stroke. Hopefully he'll get a bed in the Hospice as soon as possible. :hugs: