Finding Gobi

KippersMa

Jul 25, 2017
Hawthorne, Florida
I just read Finding Gobi, by Dion Leonard. This delightful book is the true story of an ultramarathoner who is found by a little dog in the Gobi desert in China. The book was so riveting, I couldn't put it down! When the race is over, Dion leaves Gobi in the care of a race administrator and Gobi is lost! The real race is to find Gobi before she turns into someone's supper. I recommend this book if you love animals and are interested in learning what it takes to run an ultamarathon.

KippersMa

Jul 25, 2017
Hawthorne, Florida
I just did a search for the book and it says Fox is going to do a movie about this. Now I really want to read the book.
Lynn, it would make a WONDERFUL movie! The little Gobi looks a lot like my Omari. I bought it on Amazon on a special sale. I know you will love it. It is educational, as well as entertaining. He even published his book in a form for children, which I think is great.

Reactions: LynnR

LynnR

Lynn, Benji, Calleigh, Maggie
Oct 13, 2009
Cranbrook, B.C. Canada
You will have to be sure to let me know how you enjoyed the book, if you did. I feel like reading it again!
Susan I heard all kinds of good things about it in the book store here. The clerk said it was a number one best seller here. We have lots of animal lovers. We live in the mountains and see lots of them. Thanks again for recommending it. I still have to finish my other book and then I will be starting this on :hugs:

Reactions: grandmatoall