Fell

grandmatoall

Bobbi, Sandy and Roxy.
Aug 30, 2008
Idaho
I was taking down the framework for the gazebo we have had up for years. It was broken and the cloth top has been ripped up and missing for a long time. I have asked to have it down numerous times. But it did not happen. So, I decided to do it myself. I was taking down one of the posts that had rotted at the bottom, when it suddenly gave. I was kind of hanging onto the bottom if it and it took me with it. I was flung backwards and tried to keep my feet under me... but it didn't work. I was still bent in half and fell directly on my tail bone with my feet up in the air. I bounced and hit on my back. My arms were still up hanging onto the pole and the huge hammer I had in my other hand. So... all of my weight hit directly on my bent tailbone. My glasses and hat flew off and continued on another 5 feet. I couldn't get a deep breath, everything hurt. Marlin was in the house taking a shower at the time. I laid there for at least 5 minutes trying to breathe and afraid to move. Roxy was trying to get me to respond. I think I scared her too. I finally rolled over and was able to get slowly to my knees and then my feet. I made it back to the chair on the deck. I couldn't stand up straight for awhile.

I think I am ok. I definitely bruised my tailbone, my lungs hurt in the back and I have tons of areas that really hurt. My ankle is sore, I think I twisted it a bit on the way down.. but it will be just fine. My wrist is sore. The one tangled up with the pole.

It could have been much worse. Thank the good Lord it wasn't. I didn't break anything that I know of. I have whiplash in my right boob. (Don't laugh. LOL) I hit so hard everything went flying. But I got the post down. I didn't hit my head and that is good. I still have some Tramadol left and I took one of those. I am laying back in my super soft, comfy recliner, kind of to one side since my tailbone is still super sore.

Good news... almost all of the gazebo is down. Marlin pitched in to help finish taking things apart. We need to go rent a tool that will saw off the bolts that were embedded into the deck to hold the poles in place. And pick up all of the metal poles, cross bars, tables and supports that are still laying on the grass. We are inside resting and getting out of the sun. We will go back out and pick those up when it cools off.

I would appreciate a prayer or two. I think my tailbone is going to need it. Thank you my friends.

LynnR

Lynn, Benji, Calleigh, Maggie
Oct 13, 2009
Cranbrook, B.C. Canada
Oh Bobbi I am so, so sorry you were hurt. You may have to go to the doctor for your tailbone as it may be cracked and you don't know it. I will sure :prayer: for you and hope you heal completely. You have enough problems with your breathing, etc. I wish I was closer so I could give you a big :hugs:

Reactions: grandmatoall

Candy

Owner/Admin
Staff member
Aug 29, 2008
Washington State
Oh no Bobbi, i am so sorry you got hurt, i cracked my Tailbone long time ago and it took a long time to heal. Sounds like something i would do. I pray for a quick heal ! Take it easy !!
Have Costco Day today..ughhh...

Last edited:

grandmatoall

Bobbi, Sandy and Roxy.
Aug 30, 2008
Idaho
Being inactive doesn't help anything. I am afraid that things will freeze up. But walking is painful. When sitting, I sit on one cheek or the other. When the pain gets really bad, I have to lay down.

I have a physical therapy appointment tomorrow and I am hoping he can help me. He is very good. I know that the tailbone does not heal very quickly. I severely bruised mine years ago. It took forever to heal. I ordered a donut pillow and it should be here soon. It will make sitting easier.

I know I sound like a wimp. So sorry for that. Thank you for your prayers. They help a lot. Hugs and much love. Bobbi

grandmatoall

Bobbi, Sandy and Roxy.
Aug 30, 2008
Idaho
Jake did a great job on my tailbone. I am doing better. He was able to get it back in position. It was extremely painful and brought tears to my eyes. But I can now take a full step without falling down. It is going to take time for it to heal. I am still taking the pain meds to get through the day. But things are looking up. Yippee.

KippersMa

Jul 25, 2017
Hawthorne, Florida
I am just seeing this. How awful for you, Bobbi!!! We don't bounce back like we used to when we were younger. I am very concerned for you and am praying for your complete recovery! Please take care of yourself. We love you!

Candy

Owner/Admin
Staff member
Aug 29, 2008
Washington State
I feel for you Girl, i know bad it hurts when they put it in, had to do it couple of times, hate to tell you i got Arthritis in it. Hope yours is not the same and pray it will heal

grandmatoall

Bobbi, Sandy and Roxy.
Aug 30, 2008
Idaho
I am so sorry. I have been struggling with this injury. :bandaid: I have good days and then bad ones. Normal for healing. I have been overdoing and it hit me pretty hard. It isn't easy to get things right. You can't sit all the time, because it hurts and things start to freeze up. Standing for long is out too. Laying down helps relieve it, but you get nothing done. Too much laying around isn't good for you either. I haven't learned the balance yet. I had a ton of Fathers Day Cards to make and probably spent too long sitting in my craft chair. It is very cushioned and when I started to hurt, I quit. But I had a card class in Boise on Friday and a shoebox card class on Saturday. It was a busy crafting week.

I hate not being able to do things. I went out and swept my deck a little this morning and I just popped on here to see how you guys are doing. Sorry for not getting on here earlier.

The cushiony pillow I ordered on line does not help my tailbone at all. So, today I ordered an orthopedic donut pillow. It should be here on Wednesday. That will help a lot. I had one the last time I injured my tailbone. I guess I will be packing it around with me, just like I do my oxygen. :agree:

It is hard to admit that I am getting a tad older and probably shouldn't do some of the things I try. But I hate asking for help. I love helping others, just not having to ask for help. Besides, you never know what you can accomplish until you give it a try. And if you don't use all of your body that you can, you lose the use of it.

I try to remember, it could always be worse. And I am so thankful it isn't.

Candy

Owner/Admin
Staff member
Aug 29, 2008
Washington State
Feel badly for you girl, like you can't stand,walk or sit for too long and when i go to bed i turn my Heating Pad on even in hot weather, i get great relief from it and 6 Oxy's a day.
Let me know how the Donut Pillow works please.
The hardest thing is coming to terms with your age..
Mom gets frustrated when she can't do something and i have to tell her when she has a tantrum that she never been 90 before haha. Having to tell myself that too now, sigh...
Pray you find relief :bigluv:

LynnR

Lynn, Benji, Calleigh, Maggie
Oct 13, 2009
Cranbrook, B.C. Canada
I feel bad for you too Bobbi, I'm so, so, so sorry this happened to you. I haven't been on much because my year end Recital is this coming Sunday, June 23rd and then I will be done teaching anyway. I have been walking Benji on his own to get him used to a lead and he is making progress. When I walked him with Calleigh he would just chase her and sometimes trip me - so this has to be done. He is such a sweet little dog though, I love him to bits.

Candy

Owner/Admin
Staff member
Aug 29, 2008
Washington State
Always heard Boys are sweeter. Apollo too was sweeter then Rosi. Maggie is so full of energy she needs a puppy to play with, she don't want to play much with toys, i am her toy or Mom or Syl and Twix of course...bite,bite,bite...and she is pretty ruff.
Haven't been able to walk much with my no energy aches and pains so really feel badly for Mags but keep seeing that Bear in front of my face.

grandmatoall

Bobbi, Sandy and Roxy.
Aug 30, 2008
Idaho
This week has been very, very painful. My skin is attached to my tailbone. Todays therapy was getting it detached. No wonder I felt like my skin was rubbing against the tailbone and irritating it. Things are looser now and I am moving a bit better. My bottom is so bruised. I look like someone beat me up.

My donut pillow is out for delivery, so I will have it sometime today. Yippee.

On the upside… I put on a pair of pants today that I haven't had on in several years. :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2: And they fit! I am a happy camper. It is the little things that put a spring in your step and make you feel better. Hugs, Bobbi

Reactions: Candy and LynnR

grandmatoall

Bobbi, Sandy and Roxy.
Aug 30, 2008
Idaho
Therapy worked. I am moving a bit better today. I am so thankful for that. Prayers work. I am thankful for a good therapist. Even though I am in tears while going through it... it is helping a lot. My pillow arrived and it is working. At least, it keeps the sitting pressure off of my tailbone. I still have to learn how to use it correctly... all the time. I slept a little better last night. So... I do feel better today. Yippee. PTL! Thank you for the prayers.

Reactions: LynnR

KippersMa

Jul 25, 2017
Hawthorne, Florida
While I am happy that you are doing a tiny bit better, I still feel sad that you must endure such pain. I fell on my bike (I have trouble when I go to turn a sharp corner) and slammed down on my right hip. Now, for no reason, it suddenly feels horrible and I almost fall! I am not sure if it is from the fall or if it is just arthritis. In any case, I will be seeing my new doctor on July 8, so I will talk to him about it then. I will keep praying for your healing!