Dog toys feom China...another problem

annabelles mom

Partners Plus
Oct 8, 2008
The Deadly Secret China Doesn't Want You to Know About Dog Toys

Take a look at the tags on the toys that your dog regularly munches on. Or, look at the tags on dog toys at the pet store. You may be surprised that not only at chain stores, but also in high-end pet boutiques, the majority of the dog toys are: Made in China.
Why should you be concerned? Consumer Affairs reports that pet toys tested by veterinarians found some toys that contained elevated levels of lead, chromium and cadmium. Chromium is a cancer producing agent, and with dogs putting these products in their mouths, they are at increased risks for health effects. Lead toxicity can also build up over time in a dog's system and smaller dogs are particularly vulnerable. Veterinarians state that metal toxicity can shorten dogs lives.
HealthyStuff.org reported that 45% of the imported pet toys tested with hazardous levels of dangerous toxins. Veterinarians report that these toxins easily come off the toys in the tests, which is bad news for dogs who like to slobber on toys. Even worse is that there is no regulation over this pet toy industry. Laboratories testing these products confirm that it is becoming more and more routine to find toxins on products imported from China. Parents of young children with pets have a right to be concerned as toddlers may put dog toys in their mouths as well.
Experts are advising pet owners to check the labels before purchasing and try to buy Made in the USA toys whenever possible. Your dog's life and health may depend on it. Ourmission is to raise awareness about the dangers of imported products for pets and to help save the lives of innocent dogs by providing safe and healthy products.
Kona's Chips Dog Toys Made in the USA

[HR][/HR]

Candy

Owner/Admin
Staff member
Aug 29, 2008
Washington State
Thank you so much Eun for this important Heads up, i also made this a Sticky ! I never payed attention to check the labels on toys...mine are not so much for Toys specially Apollo, really can't say he has a fav Toy, but Rosi does have a tiny squeaky Soccer ball that she loves squeaking and play fetch once in a while, but i bet their Toy box is filled with stuff from China... i am so sick of it, if someone ever runs across a petition for stuff from China post it as we all should sign it and demand that they quitt importing this stuff and deceiving us all by putting a Sticker on and claiming its made in the US of A !!!!<font :irate::irate::irate:
​Will check Kona's Toys out Eun, Eun i am assuming you are still getting the Threats there ??? Was just browsing there this morning and even though mine love Duck strips i was thinking of getting the 1 pound Chicken strips, figured if they have nothing else they will eat it ! Don't you think ?

LynnR

Lynn, Benji, Calleigh, Maggie, Shayleigh
Oct 13, 2009
Cranbrook, B.C. Canada
Yes, I heard of that too! I think a lot of the rubber ones are made in China. I'll have to have a look at mine. I'll throw those that are away. Thanks, Eun. You can't trust anything anymore.