Daylight savings time

grandmatoall

Bobbi, Sandy and Roxy.
Aug 30, 2008
Idaho
Do you guys have daylight savings time? I wish they would leave it alone. We are in the Mountain Time Zone.

I have read some very interesting things about why we change the time. No one wants to claim it was really their idea. LOL

Reactions: cathy.akers

LynnR

Lynn, Benji, Calleigh, Maggie
Oct 13, 2009
Cranbrook, B.C. Canada
Yes, we have it here in Cranbrook, B.C. too, Bobbi. I'm in Mountain time too and every year it messes me up. When we put the clock back I get up way too early in the morning, when it's moved ahead then I get up later. I wish they would just leave it alone. In a way, though it's better for the kids that go to school, etc. then it's not so dark in the morning. What are your views, Bobbi??

grandmatoall

Bobbi, Sandy and Roxy.
Aug 30, 2008
Idaho
It gets dark quickly here. Now it is worse. The kids go to school in the dark and now it is almost dark when they get home. Not much time to play outside. I think all the clouds we have been having, off and on, aren't helping either. We went to Don & Michelle's and Judy's last night for dinner and it looked like midnight when we left . It was only 8:30. LOL.

No. :thumbsdown: I don't like it. It takes days to get the babies used to the new supper time and they are not impressed. And I have to reset my body clock too. At my age, I don't change all that well. :question: :wave:

Reactions: cathy.akers

Candy

Owner/Admin
Staff member
Aug 29, 2008
Washington State
I know what you all mean...like today, its been a yr since my kid's Dad died and Syl misses him so much, so they having a little get together at his fav Tavern and has a drink. Well it is at 3pm so i can't drive down there as i can't drive down there because i can't drive in the dark... Syl would have to get me and take me back home and i don't want that...sure sucks...

grandmatoall

Bobbi, Sandy and Roxy.
Aug 30, 2008
Idaho
I know what you all mean...like today, its been a yr since my kid's Dad died and Syl misses him so much, so they having a little get together at his fav Tavern and has a drink. Well it is at 3pm so i can't drive down there as i can't drive down there because i can't drive in the dark... Syl would have to get me and take me back home and i don't want that...sure sucks...
So sorry.

KippersMa

Jul 25, 2017
Hawthorne, Florida
Since we arrived safely in Florida from Washington state, the time change doesn’t impact us as much as the three hours difference from Pacific time to Eastern time! I have always hated the daylight savings time and with the recent changes in making it last even longer, the difference of going back to regular time is even more profound. In Washington, the governor has vowed to keep the daylight savings time even if the President does away with it, just to be immature and defiant. Go figure. It is a scary political environment these days. We need to pray for those in leadership. I wouldn’t trade places with a single one!

LynnR

Lynn, Benji, Calleigh, Maggie
Oct 13, 2009
Cranbrook, B.C. Canada
In the winter it seems to be dark all the time. In the morning it's still dark here until around 8:00 AM and then at night, now it's dark as early as 5:00 PM. Go figure.

Reactions: grandmatoall