Candy with her new baby

Discussion in 'YP Reflections' started by LynnR, Aug 29, 2018.

1. LynnR

LynnR Lynn, Benji, Calleigh, Maggie

Poo:
    Poo:
    I got a text message from Candy yesterday. Here is a picture of her and her new baby girl. She sent it to me so I could post it. I think this is at the Airport, not sure.

[​IMG]

cathy.akers likes this.
  2. grandmatoall

grandmatoall Bobbi, Sandy and Roxy.

Poo:
    Poo:
    Sweet. It looks like Candy and her new baby are getting to know each other. Thank you for posting the picture Lynn.

cathy.akers, Candy and LynnR like this.
  3. KippersMa

KippersMa Well-Known Member

Poo:
    Poo:
    Candy looks so very happy. I am happy for her and for her new little girl!

4. Candy

Candy Owner/Admin Staff Member

Poo:
    Poo:
    Guys i was crying from happiness, felt like a fool, you can't see her she is that dark. I can't deal with her hair right now, she is in full coat, its a modified coat that gets matted to the skin. She has grooming tomorrow afternoon. I hate to do that to her as she is super shy.Today was the first time she let me touch hershel jumps back when you lower your hand, was wondering if their 3yr olds had something to do with that...she had quiet a major chance in life. She will come around...its just the pits that our room is such a mess as i have to pack everything up. That sucks the big one. I will update when i can. Will post take before and after, just don't know when i have time to post

cathy.akers, LynnR and grandmatoall like this.
  5. KippersMa

Poo:
    Poo:

I am so happy to hear she is safely with you. she now has an amazing chance at life with you.

6. grandmatoall

Poo:
    Poo:
    It will take time, but I have faith in you. You will bring her around. She will be the lovely, loving baby you have always hoped for. Since she is that matted, it probably hurts her when you touch her hair.

She has had a very trying time lately, uprooted from the home she knew, with an airplane flight she didn't understand, to her forever home that she isn't used to yet. Give both of you a chance to let things settle down. I know she will grow to love you, since we all do.

Hugs and prayers.

cathy.akers, LynnR and Candy like this.
  7. Candy

Poo:
    Poo:
    She was not matted , he took very good care of her ! You guys brought tears to my eyes...

cathy.akers, LynnR and grandmatoall like this.
  8. cathy.akers

cathy.akers Well-Known Member

Poo:
    Poo:
    There's nothing foolish about crying tears of joy.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

grandmatoall and LynnR like this.
  9. Candy

Poo:
    Poo:
    Just is bad timing with our house turned upside down. I love her so much already and she does me, she melts when i hold her, she likes Mom too but boy we have to do a lot of work with her. She pees on a washable pad but she finds places in house to poop, she never really been outside before she came here. Been trying to take her out as much as i can right now with all the mess. Also she like to nip at our ankles, she got my son Doug and Syl pretty good yesterday.Gonna try a water bottle and spray herald she barks a lot at them then she hides behind me. I think that is why she is hand shy.
    She saw her first Deer's yesterday boy that little girl got quiet a good set of Lungs haha
    I better get back to work...

grandmatoall likes this.
  10. grandmatoall

Poo:
    Poo:
    The joys of retraining our new babies. You may have to start from scratch. I wish you lots of luck. She may just need time to learn the rules of her new home.

11. LynnR

LynnR Lynn, Benji, Calleigh, Maggie

Poo:
    Poo:
    I understand, Candy, just when I think Benji is going outside all the time - I find poop in the corner. He's very good at going wee, wee outside, but I never seem to be able to catch him before he poos in the house. The lady that sold him to me never bothered to train the puppies. I've been preparing to go back teaching tomorrow and haven't always been able to watch him. I'm lucky, little Benji is not a barker and if he does bark too much outside I spray him with water, he doesn't like it and stops. Good luck, Candy.

grandmatoall likes this.
  12. KippersMa

Poo:
    Poo:
    We brought Nabi home with us when she was 7 months old. She had not been house trained and would poop and pee even on top of the couch or recliner chairs. She seemed terrified of the pee pads, so I worked hard to get her so she would tell me when she had to go outside. To this day, three years later, she will not bark to let me know she has to go outside, but she will run to the door and then run back to me and I have learned that she is trying to let me know she needs to go outside. I think the previous owners were furious with her potty training and made it worse by their reaction to her mistakes. I praise her every time I see her go outside or even if she smells the pee pads (she still refuses to use them, though). JinJu usually uses the pee pads or goes outside if I put her there, but she doesn't indicate that she has to go, either. She sometimes pees on the floor (when she is upset) or poops, either as she is running for the pee pads or gets scared while she is on them, or who knows. It is frustrating to deal with potty issues, but we just do. I think she tries to let us know she has to go by refusing to settle down when we are holding her. One time, my husband was inattentive to her increased agitation and so she peed on him! Ha Ha!! He has been more attentive since then.

13. Candy

Poo:
    Poo:
    Haha thats funny Susan...i made a big mistake this morning @5:30 she got in my face and i was too tired to get of the couch, was hoping she would go on her pad...well she pooped right by the door...my bad. She won't poop on her pad. I have not been able to watch her close as we are too busy, we got to have every thing out by tonight. Got to unplug everything on computer and stuff as they are going to be here @9am. I will see if i can set something temporary tomorrow