Aug 29, 2008
Washington State
Best Fresh Tomato Salsa

3 cups chopped Tomatoes
1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
1 cup onion, diced
1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
4 teaspoons chopped fresh jalapeno pepper (including seeds)
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper

Direction :
1. Stir the tomatoes, green bell pepper, onion, cilantro, lime juice, jalapeno pepper, cumin, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Serve.

LuvMyMnMs

Featured Seller
Aug 25, 2011
Eastern Shore
Thanks a lot, Candy! We are getting swamped with wonderful tomatoes and I really need to make salsa, sauce and green tomatoes preserves to manage the flood!

Thanks again, Carol for the Wundertomaten, the whole neighborhood is jealous! :bigluv:

pawbaby

Aug 29, 2008
Candy...how many tomatoes go into this recipe? Also, have you ever made it without Cilantro? For some reason nobody in our household likes the taste of cilantro.

Candy

Owner/Admin
Staff member
Aug 29, 2008
Washington State
I am not crazy about Cilantro either, only way is i put them in a tiny bowl then use scissors and snip them down very tiny, but i think it will taste good without them too !

pawbaby

Aug 29, 2008
Candy, I was wondering about how many tomatoes to make up this recipe though?

Rudys Mom

Partners Plus
Nov 6, 2009
Lancaster, PA
YUM!!!! :hungry: Right now I don't have any extra tomato's to make that yummy sounding salsa. But makes me want to try and grow some next year. Thanks for sharing that Candy.

Candy

Owner/Admin
Staff member
Aug 29, 2008
Washington State
Did you ever make this Sonja ? Syl and i did and we canned it, omg it tastes so good, awesome flavor, the only thing is i wished we would of added a wee bit more peppers as it is pretty mild, Syl loves it and she said its perfect for her but i would of liked little spicier ...wished we made more...maybe if you would pretty please send me a few seeds as the seeds in mine are very small so i don't know if they germinate.. wanna start them a bit earlier then last yr :flirt-1:

LuvMyMnMs

Featured Seller
Aug 25, 2011
Eastern Shore
Sure Candy, just pm me your mail addy. And no, I never made the salsa but great sauce. We have a bush with Jalapenos and one with Thai peppers and they do wonders to spice things up. I have seeds from them too, do you want some?

Candy

Owner/Admin
Staff member
Aug 29, 2008
Washington State
Sure Candy, just pm me your mail addy. And no, I never made the salsa but great sauce. We have a bush with Jalapenos and one with Thai peppers and they do wonders to spice things up. I have seeds from them too, do you want some?
yes,yes, yes hehe...i will pm you :hugs::hugs: