Another good/bad day

Discussion in 'Partner Talk' started by grandmatoall, Nov 11, 2018.

1. grandmatoall

grandmatoall Bobbi, Sandy and Roxy.

Poo:
    Poo:
    JoOnni was in another accident last night. We need prayer.

2. LynnR

LynnR Lynn, Benji, Calleigh, Maggie

Poo:
    Poo:
    Oh no, Bobbi, what happened???? :prayer: :prayer:

grandmatoall likes this.
  3. grandmatoall

Poo:
    Poo:
    JoOnni had another seizure while sitting in her parked truck, with the truck running. She was in an unlit church parking lot in Boise, playing Pokemon. Evidently, during the seizure she hit the gear shift, knocking it out of park and her foot was on the gas petal. She sped across the lot, jumping some barriers and ran into a tree. The police thought she was doing about 35mph. They figured the impact with the solid tree was like hitting something at 70mph. This is a solid, older pickup and it is totaled.

After the seizure, she was able to dial her youngest daughter. When Alli answered, Jo was able to tell her she had an accident but she didn't know where she was or what happened. She was barely able to talk...then she was silent. She was in and out of conscienceness.

Alli was able to do a 3way call getting our youngest daughter on the phone. She is a surge tec and her hubby is a cop. We had all been to a wedding and were headed home. Ted and Shannon got on the line to 911. They were able to tell them where she had just been and the amount of time since she left. So they knew the area she was in and could start looking for her. JoOnni was in and out and could sometimes talk to Alli. They told her the police and paramedics were looking for her. Jo said she heard sirens sometimes but they were headed somewhere else. The police asked her to blow her horn and keep blowing it, so they could find her. That is how they finally tracked her down. She was in an industrial area with no homes and late at night.

She was taken to the hospital. She has a huge hematoma on her head, 6 cracked ribs on her right side, 1 cracked rib on her left side and huge bruises, contusions on both legs/knees. She has had x-rays, cat-scans, and an MRI. There are no brain bleeds and her leg isn't broken. She continues to have the panic attacks/ sudo seizures. They haven't been able to get the pain under control yet. They are still trying to work out the balance of pain control with her seizure medications. The two work against each other. Both are very strong medications and they are trying to find the right combination of drugs. She continues to have the attacks. Several each day. She is still in the hospital. She can communicate but not like herself.

We could have lost her. Praise be to God that she is still with us. She is going to be recovering from her injuries for a long, long time. We still don't know what the long term effects this accident will have on her seizures. But we are so very thankful she is still with us.

All prayers are appreciated.

4. KippersMa

KippersMa Well-Known Member

Poo:
    Poo:
    I am praying for JoOnni! May the Lord heal and protect her. I pray that the doctors can get to the bottom of her condition and find a way to control it.

grandmatoall likes this.
  5. grandmatoall

Poo:
    Poo:
    Thank you so much.

6. LynnR

Poo:
    Poo:
    You have my :prayer: too, Bobbi. What an ordeal you have been through.

grandmatoall likes this.
  7. grandmatoall

Poo:
    Poo:
    Thank you Lynn. She is still in the hospital. One day at a time.

8. Candy

Candy Owner/Admin Staff Member

Poo:
    Poo:
    Poor Lady, i will send lots of prayers that she recovers quickly and can control her pain, how awful !:prayer::prayer::prayer:

grandmatoall likes this.
  9. grandmatoall

Poo:
    Poo:
    They still do not have the correct balance of her pain meds and anti seizure meds. It has been a struggle. Every time she goes to sleep, her oxogen drops to dangerous levels. So they are trying to keep up with that too. They move it to 4 liters and then lower it again as her body adjusts. It will go back to 2 liters... then 1. She had 6 sudo-seizures by the time I left today.

They may move her to the Elks Rehabilitation Center either tomorrow or the next day. It just depends on how she does and if they can get everything adjusted right. They said she should be there a couple of weeks. It is one day at a time.

She was up sitting in a chair when I got there this morning.
    On the good side, she was able to get up, with lots of help, and go potty then take a walk with her walker. We walked farther than I expected. She was super slow but she made it. Good for her!

Michelle spent the night with her last night. Alli is spending tonight with her.

Thank you for your prayers. I truly believe they work. Hugs to all of you.

10. grandmatoall

Poo:
    Poo:
    Thank you so much Candy. Hugs.

11. LynnR

Poo:
    Poo:
    Oh, Bobby what a worry for you, I hope they can find the right levels, etc. to help her. :prayer:

grandmatoall likes this.
  12. KippersMa

Poo:
    Poo:
    What a blessing to have other family members to stay by her side. I really believe that helps get better care. May the Lord be with you all as you walk through this together with JoOnni.

grandmatoall likes this.
  13. Candy

Poo:
    Poo:
    Well what a blessing she is a little better and hope better each day, am so glad that Family members helping out staying with her. Continued :prayer:

grandmatoall likes this.
  14. grandmatoall

Poo:
    Poo:
    I am spending this afternoon with JoOnni. We are taking turns, so someone is always with her. The Elks Rehab does not have room for her. The Therapist said the New Rehab here in Nampa is extremely good. With updated equipment and newly trained staff. The paperwork was filled out and we should hear if they have room for her, this afternoon or evening. I know the Lord has a plan and she will be accepted where he wants her to be. :agree:

15. KippersMa

Poo:
    Poo:
    Praying for the perfect place for JoOnni.

grandmatoall likes this.
  16. grandmatoall

Poo:
    Poo:
    I am sitting here with tears in my eyes. I can always count on you guys when I need you the most. Thank you for being there for me.

I am just tired out. I spent the day with JoOnni. She was doing amazingly well when I got there. I was so surprised. But she overdid it and got worse as the day wore on. I know it is baby steps... and there will be good hours and bad hours. I want to take some of the pain for her, but I can't. She is improving and that is good.

17. LynnR

Poo:
    Poo:
    I hope everything turns out ok for JoOnni and your whole family, Bobbi. Sending lots of :prayer: your way.

grandmatoall likes this.
  18. KippersMa

Poo:
    Poo:
    And we will keep praying!! Not only for JoOni and her caregivers, but also for all
    Those who care about her! You are all in our prayers.

grandmatoall likes this.
  19. Candy

Poo:
    Poo:
    I bet you are really stressed,:prayer: for a better Day !

grandmatoall likes this.
  20. grandmatoall

Poo:
    Poo:
    Today was very stressful. They wanted to send her home without oxygen. Every time she sleeps, her stats drop. After fighting with them all day, and getting the patient's advocate involed... she is staying tonight and going to Shannon's tomorrow....with oxygen. I won't go into all the problems we had today. But they are using all the times the nurses dropped the ball, with JoOnni, to improve the way they do things from now on.

Shannon has the room and the knowledge to make sure she is getting the best care. I will go over and babysit during the day, while everyone else is at work. I'm not sure what time they leave for work, but I will be there. :)

LynnR likes this.