All I wanted for Christmas...

LuvMyMnMs

Featured Seller
Aug 25, 2011
Eastern Shore
... was this little guy to come to us and be loved and pampered for the rest of his life, BUT the rescue group does not adopt out of state, which in our case is silly, because they are located in Virginia and we live in Maryland just 3 miles from the Virginian border. Besides that, the little boy is fostered in Maryland.... go figure... :cry:

https://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/17294214/

pawbaby

Aug 29, 2008
I'm so sorry that this didn't work out Sonja. That seems like a silly rule, especially if the new owners would go to pick him up and you live so close. Did they tell you why they wouldn't allow it? It's not like he'd be going to a different country or anything. He sure looked like a cutie!

Carol Y

Partners Plus
May 19, 2010
New York
That's just plain dumb! To give a dog a loving home who cares where it is, especially if it's being fostered in he same state. Sorry Sonja, poor puppy's loss. Sometimes rescues make it so hard, I gave up and bought Buddy. So many dogs lose out to wonderful homes because of rescues. Read an article about that once.

Rudys Mom

Partners Plus
Nov 6, 2009
Lancaster, PA
Awe....Sonja, I'm sorry to hear that. That dear little guy would have had an excellent home with you, Mike and the M's. It's so sad the Rescue wouldn't take everything into consideration. You being so close to Virginia and the dear little guy being fostered in Maryland. They'll be another one that will need you just as much Sonja. Hang in there.................

LuvMyMnMs

Featured Seller
Aug 25, 2011
Eastern Shore
This little boy needs a special home b/c he is missing his lower jaw and needs to be hand fed. The rescue people didn't even respond to my application directly but sent me only a laconic excerpt from their policy "we do not adopt out of state b/c we do a thorough home check."

Well, it was not supposed to happen and I so hope the wee baby finds a good home. Fortunately he is not in a shelter and somebody cares for him properly...

Howiesmom

Partners Plus
Apr 10, 2013
Vancouver Island, B.C., Canada
I can understand doing the house check, but surely they are affiliated with other rescue org. across State lines who cld do checks for them and vice versa. I think their by-laws need to be overhauled !!

pawbaby

Aug 29, 2008
This little boy needs a special home b/c he is missing his lower jaw and needs to be hand fed. The rescue people didn't even respond to my application directly but sent me only a laconic excerpt from their policy "we do not adopt out of state b/c we do a thorough home check."

Well, it was not supposed to happen and I so hope the wee baby finds a good home. Fortunately he is not in a shelter and somebody cares for him properly...
The poor little guy missing a lower jaw? I wonder what happened to him or if he was born that way? Sonja, is there any way you could contact them by phone or speak to the lady that's fostering him about how close you live to them? Also, you could say what an experienced Yorkie lover you are. I just don't feel they understood or how could they just deny your application like that.

ILuvLucy

Partners Plus
Aug 29, 2008
Georgia
I am so sorry this didn't work out. That little guy would've won the doggie lottery if he'd been allowed to come to you. This kind of stuff with rescues just makes me sick. My best friend is involved with a couple of rescues and is about to stop because of this type of nightmare. My heart just breaks for you and for this little guy.

Rudys Mom

Partners Plus
Nov 6, 2009
Lancaster, PA
I am so sorry this didn't work out. That little guy would've won the doggie lottery if he'd been allowed to come to you. This kind of stuff with rescues just makes me sick. My best friend is involved with a couple of rescues and is about to stop because of this type of nightmare. My heart just breaks for you and for this little guy.
I so............agree Kim. Hang in there Sonja. They say everything happens for a reason and I'm thinking/know there's another little guy/girl that's going to find his or her way to you soon!!! :hugs: