Adventures in Florida!

grandmatoall

Bobbi, Sandy and Roxy.
Aug 30, 2008
Idaho
You are amazing girl! You are like the little energizer bunny, you just keep going and going. That is a huge household to keep up and running.

Are the kids out for spring break? They are here. The Rec Center was loaded with kids. I love to watch them playing basketball. The teenagers had a group game with both boys and girls. They were all good players. Their coach was in there playing with them.

KippersMa

Jul 25, 2017
Hawthorne, Florida
The RV needed some work and it has been accomplished, so all should be well for the trip back home to Florida. My 13 year old grandson and I will depart close to 7am on Thursday. It will be sooo good to be on my way home!! Tonight, the pot of boiling ravioli spun around and hit my forearm. OUCH! I have a nasty burn blister about 2" long. Unfortunately, it is constantly rubbing my clothing when I put my arm down. Good thing I will be driving and not have my arm down much!
Rachel gave the puppies a trim after my husband gave them all baths. Sadly, she cut their ears short, whereas I like to only trim the top third of the ear. Oh well. It will grow back. She was trying to be nice.
The next time I check in, I should be HOME!! Oh blessed thought! Please pray for our safe travel. Thank you all for your encouragement to me over the past two weeks. It has been quite the adventure, even if it wasn't in Florida!

Reactions: grandmatoall

grandmatoall

Bobbi, Sandy and Roxy.
Aug 30, 2008
Idaho
Ouch! That must be a nasty burn. I am so sorry that happened. I am just seeing this. Which way are you traveling home? Sending prayers for traveling mercies and a very safe, uneventful trip home.

KippersMa

Jul 25, 2017
Hawthorne, Florida
My arm is healing nicely. We left Thursday morning and arrived home in Florida Sunday night. We had a four hour delay just two hours from home due to another flat tire! It was the same one we had replaced just 6 months ago. Apparently a device that was put on the tire to help inflate it broke off and it deflated this perfectly good tire and ruined it. Grrr. At least we were safe and in a good place to stop when I noticed the flat. We were in an outlet mall area with lots of restaurants! We did stay with the RV, though, since our dog, Lexi was inside and it was very warm that day.
The babies were ecstatic to see me. JinJu hasn't left my side since then! We are taking them all to go camping at Anastasia Beach, in St. Augustine tomorrow. They will have lots of fun, just being out and about. Lexi's vet appointment went well and the vet was amazed at what good condition she is for being almost 10 years old.
As you well might imagine, I am frantically trying to catch up on work and getting our personal affairs in order after being gone for a month. The baby is doing well. He has a ventricular septal defect heart murmur--the same heart condition his mommy was born with and which did not close until she was 12 years old when she prayed that God would heal her! We are praying the same for baby Jacob.

Candy

Owner/Admin
Staff member
Aug 29, 2008
Washington State
So glad you arrived safely, sorry about the flat tire. I bet the Babies where so happy to see you and bet they did the happy dance :lock1: Will pray the Baby will be ok !

grandmatoall

Bobbi, Sandy and Roxy.
Aug 30, 2008
Idaho
Praying for the baby. Wow. You were in a safe place when the tire went flat. I am thankful for that. How did Lexi travel? You take such great care of your animals, I am not surprised she had a great check up. I'll bet she was happy to see you too. And all your other babies as well. With all the traveling, it will take you a bit to get back onto your normal routine.