A visit to the vet!

Candy

Owner/Admin
Staff member
Aug 29, 2008
Washington State
Oh goodness Susan, you are truly a :angel3:. P00r Kitty !
Poor JinJu, but glad she is doing so well, give her smooches from us.
Have to tell you a little Story...My Mom never liked Cats or Dogs and never let me have either ..we had neighbors that sold their House, well they had a Barn Kat that they left behindhand new owners told them they would take care of her, I don't know how well and she knows how to get in and out of their very large Barn. I don't know how often she got fed. I know she hunted a lot.She is apron 11yrs old. She came down here more and more and let Mom and I pet her a little. Tried picking her up but she freaked out. Told Mom she acted really hungry and would meow pretty loudly . Mom came home with Cat food haha. That was it ! Now she is here every day. Mom won't let her in the House. Her name is Ebony and she is in Love with my Son cause he fed her a slice of Bologna haha. I am afraid she would attack Maggie. We fixed her a Bed in a Box and warm Blankets

KippersMa

Jul 25, 2017
Hawthorne, Florida
Oh goodness Susan, you are truly a :angel3:. P00r Kitty !
Poor JinJu, but glad she is doing so well, give her smooches from us.
Have to tell you a little Story...My Mom never liked Cats or Dogs and never let me have either ..we had neighbors that sold their House, well they had a Barn Kat that they left behindhand new owners told them they would take care of her, I don't know how well and she knows how to get in and out of their very large Barn. I don't know how often she got fed. I know she hunted a lot.She is apron 11yrs old. She came down here more and more and let Mom and I pet her a little. Tried picking her up but she freaked out. Told Mom she acted really hungry and would meow pretty loudly . Mom came home with Cat food haha. That was it ! Now she is here every day. Mom won't let her in the House. Her name is Ebony and she is in Love with my Son cause he fed her a slice of Bologna haha. I am afraid she would attack Maggie. We fixed her a Bed in a Box and warm Blankets
That is a precious story, Candy! I really think this kitty will get to stay. I need to just give my husband time to attach himself to her. I am excited because after I put the medicine in her eyes, she seems like she can see!! The vet said that might happen, but no guarantees. We shall see what happens.

Candy

Owner/Admin
Staff member
Aug 29, 2008
Washington State
That is a precious story, Candy! I really think this kitty will get to stay. I need to just give my husband time to attach himself to her. I am excited because after I put the medicine in her eyes, she seems like she can see!! The vet said that might happen, but no guarantees. We shall see what happens.
That would be wonderful if the Eyedrops worked, will keep my Fingers crossed ! Bet your Hubby will come around...
Ebony is pretty much here all the time except when it rains, she hates Rain...I suspect she goes up to the Barn. Wished I could bring her in...

Reactions: grandmatoall

KippersMa

Jul 25, 2017
Hawthorne, Florida
That will be a lot of babies, Susan!!!! How many is that now???? My limit is 4.
Gulp!! We now have 8 dogs (7 are yorkie or yorkie mix) and two cats and a Sulcata tortoise. I love taking care of them.
That would be wonderful if the Eyedrops worked, will keep my Fingers crossed ! Bet your Hubby will come around...
Ebony is pretty much here all the time except when it rains, she hates Rain...I suspect she goes up to the Barn. Wished I could bring her in...
The vet just called and said Nevaeh came out of surgery extremely well and I can pick her up in a couple of hours. She tracked my fingers when I held them in front of her face (about two feet away), which makes me hopeful that some eyesight will return. She is oh so loving! Now if I can just get her used to using the kitty box! Last night, she pooped and peed on the pee pads in the crate and slept in the cat box! Ha ha. Her poop was full of grass. Poor baby was trying to live on eating grass. I am glad she is safe now. She will be a sweet member of the family. Oh yes, my husband says we can keep her. She is so small. Only 5 pounds.

Candy

Owner/Admin
Staff member
Aug 29, 2008
Washington State
Gulp!! We now have 8 dogs (7 are yorkie or yorkie mix) and two cats and a Sulcata tortoise. I love taking care of them.

The vet just called and said Nevaeh came out of surgery extremely well and I can pick her up in a couple of hours. She tracked my fingers when I held them in front of her face (about two feet away), which makes me hopeful that some eyesight will return. She is oh so loving! Now if I can just get her used to using the kitty box! Last night, she pooped and peed on the pee pads in the crate and slept in the cat box! Ha ha. Her poop was full of grass. Poor baby was trying to live on eating grass. I am glad she is safe now. She will be a sweet member of the family. Oh yes, my husband says we can keep her. She is so small. Only 5 pounds.
Haha I knew it !!! You have a very lucky Girl to have such a nice Hubby :agree:

grandmatoall

Bobbi, Sandy and Roxy.
Aug 30, 2008
Idaho
Neveah is in good hands with the two of you. Not many people would give her the care and love that she needs. Not like you will. Hugs and welcome Neveah.

• Love
Reactions: KippersMa

KippersMa

Jul 25, 2017
Hawthorne, Florida
My dear and kind friends, I thank you for your sweet words to me. I feel so guilty for getting one more animal!! Nevaeh is doing extremely well and can definitely see a bit now. She is healing well from her spay surgery and will soon be allowed to be out and about in the house. The vet told me that her mother probably had a certain virus cats can get that cause small heads in their kittens. Nevaeh's head is as small as a 3 month old kitten! She also still has the jerking eyes, but she loves to purr and I love that, too! Goyang-i does not approve of her presence, but we love him up real good and he struts around like king lion of the house. Silly boy!
Also, I took Kubota, our Sulcata tortoise to the vet. She is healthy and weighed 26.8 pounds. That is down over 3 pounds because we have had some cold weather and she won't eat when it is cold. The vet was happy with what she looked like and I was glad to hear that what we are doing for her is working well.

grandmatoall

Bobbi, Sandy and Roxy.
Aug 30, 2008
Idaho
My dear and kind friends, I thank you for your sweet words to me. I feel so guilty for getting one more animal!! Nevaeh is doing extremely well and can definitely see a bit now. She is healing well from her spay surgery and will soon be allowed to be out and about in the house. The vet told me that her mother probably had a certain virus cats can get that cause small heads in their kittens. Nevaeh's head is as small as a 3 month old kitten! She also still has the jerking eyes, but she loves to purr and I love that, too! Goyang-i does not approve of her presence, but we love him up real good and he struts around like king lion of the house. Silly boy!
Also, I took Kubota, our Sulcata tortoise to the vet. She is healthy and weighed 26.8 pounds. That is down over 3 pounds because we have had some cold weather and she won't eat when it is cold. The vet was happy with what she looked like and I was glad to hear that what we are doing for her is working well.
I thing Goyang-i will adjust over time. What a big love he is. Nevaeh will eventually win him over. I didn't know Kubota doesn't eat when it is cold. I learn something new every day. I hope it warms up soon so she starts eating again.

Reactions: LynnR